AG Eric Holder has publicly that the administration wants to pursue
stricter gun control laws and policies, and the anti-gun group MAIG has
provided the White House with the “Blueprint For Federal Action on
Illegal Guns”. In such a climate I believe that it is extremely
important the the voters know exactly where you stand regarding the
Second Amendment to the US Constitution and the right to keep and bear
arms. Please take the time to answer the questions below and send the
answers to me. I will be forwarding your response to David Codrea,
author of the National Guns Rights Examiner column, for proposed
Thank you for your time.
649 Mountain Rd
Lyndeborough, NH 03082
1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the
land" and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges our birthrights?
2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from
infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and
3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.
Federal laws against stealing guns from the Army. Federal laws against
selling guns through the U.S. Mail.
4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.
Federal laws restricting the intra-State transactions in firearms.
Federal laws requiring a license to deal in firearms. The federal law
reuiring a Brady check.
5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable
citizen to carry them concealed without a permit, as in Vermont?
6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry
weapons of military pattern, and will you use the prestige of elected
office to publicly promote that right?
Which question did you want me to answer?
7. Do you support or oppose registration of weapons? Why?
Ooops. This question leaves too much to chance. If a collector
has many guns and wants to make a list of them, that is gun
registration and I do not have a problem with writing up such a list.
Perhaps you meant forcing people to register their guns, which I oppose.
8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry
I oppose licensing requirements because people have a right, not a
privilege, to keep and bear arms.
9. What specific gun laws will you work to get repealed?
10. If elected, will you back your words of support for firearms rights
up with consistent actions? How?
Yes. I will review bills for consistency with the U.S. Constitution and
also with the principle of liberty and justice for all.